11Alive News / WXIA, Atlanta’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for a Digital?Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has an audience-first approach to producing and distributing content.?This role will primarily work a evening shift to create engaging content by utilizing SEO, monitoring digital trends and audience listening to drive content decisions on all of 11Alive’s platforms.
Successful Digital Content Producers at 11Alive are?leaders in the newsroom responsible for the audience experience on digital, social media and streaming platforms. They should take initiative in creating content around key digital drivers, like breaking news, weather, sports, and politics, that engages the audience.
Qualified candidates should have strong writing skills, solid news judgment, and experience producing and editing content for digital platforms. A working knowledge of online CMS, video, and photo-editing software is preferred.?This digital producer will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various digital platforms.
- Write and distribute original and breaking news content
- Edit reporter stories for grammar, content and structure using AP style
- Use creative production techniques like graphics and media (viewer pictures, UGC, etc.) to enhance stories
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics, i.e., Google Data Studio, Google trends, Crowdtangle, and Taboola Newsroom, in determining content creation
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of digital experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of AP style and copy editing
- Experience in online CMS, photo and video-editing systems
- Has strong news and editorial judgment, and understands the tenets of professional journalism
- Be well-versed in SEO best-practices
- Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
- Strong social media skills, on platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Edius is a plus
- An understanding of reading and interpreting digital metrics is a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.