WTOL 11 – Toledo, a TEGNA Company, is seeking a digital content producer to join our talented, creative, collaborative digital content team. The successful candidate is innovative with solid news judgment, strong news writing skills and social media experience. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills, and the ability to work a flexible schedule. And the person we hire will want to win on all platforms.
- Write, post, and edit daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Focus on solid news writing, SEO best practices, headline optimization, most impactful imagery.
- Use metrics and social listening to find, pitch and produce unique?content?and story angles.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
- Focus on accuracy and balance in stories and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Edit newscast segment video to post on WTOL 11's digital platforms.
- Curate homepage and other platforms to ensure they are reflective of the most high-interest stories, featuring the most current imagery and latest information.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity across platforms.
- Perform other tasks as required by managers.
- As a newsroom position, this job will include weekend and evening work.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience producing and showcasing?digital?and social?content?in a newsroom
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- A deep knowledge AP style, grammar and punctuation.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Understanding of how to use audience analytics tools such as Crowdtangle, Taboola, Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Strong social media skills, on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premier and Photoshop a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.