The Digital Content Manager is responsible for creating, securing and updating quality text, audio, graphic and video content for designated Entravision interactive properties web, mobile, and video/streaming as well as supporting all company-wide interactive initiatives.
1. Work and coordinate with Corporate Entravision Interactive Team, Local General Manager, News Directors, Programming. Promotions and Sales as needed and directed.
2. Identify, secure, prepare and update Interactive content Online, Mobile, and Social Network
3. Perform daily routine updates of sites including, but not limited to: Local news, slideshows, talent & program information, text, audio, video, local organizations, promotional packages, photo galleries, local events, local special categories, blogs, polls, surveys and other online content.
4. Monitor and improve KPI (Key Performance Indicators) like uniques, visits, page-views, and average time on site, pages per visit, lower bounce rates, social friends and followers. Online, Mobile and Social. Strong focus on growing traffic, engagement, and Monetization.
5. Create IAB Standard display banners when needed.
6. Keep content focused on relevancy for our viewers.
7. Support branding, marketing and promoting our interactive properties.
8. Assure content is free of errors, typos, and other spelling and grammar mistakes.
9. Avoid broken links, broken images, missing content.
10. Perform other duties as needed, and as directed by your General Manager and/or Entravision Interactive.
11. Maintain a positive attitude towards work.
12. Be viewer focused, striving to provide top-notch value, local information and entertainment to our consumers.
13. Be innovative: Consistently look for opportunities to improve the way we operate through creativity and hard work.
14. Use the system provided for feedback and constantly think on potential improvements to the backend and front end
15. Participate of ALL conference calls; use all collaboration and communications tools as requested. Be on time, inform well in advance if will not be available for group calls.
16. Be aware of the release of new tools and use them.
17. Pursue individual growth, learning and leadership qualities. Develop a fun, friendly work environment. Create a positive team and family spirit.
3. Excellent Communication Skills.
4. Technical Capability.
5. Ability to Work Independently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Reports directly to News Director
Required Education and Experience
1. Excellent creative writing and proofreading. Be able to write in English as well as Spanish, and excellent translation skills in order to handle a large volume of content responsibilities.
2. Basic Graphic Design skills
3. Familiar with Facebook/Twitter
4. Experience using software applications for image, picture/audio/video editing software application to Create Online Graphics, Photo Editing & Retouching, Animations and other content
5. Experience working with online video production software like Adobe Premiere/After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, iMovie
6. Experience working with content within a CMS (Content Management System) environment such as: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Movable Type, or similar
7. Ability to work with a WYSIWYG Web Editor to create pages.
8. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS in order to create content for the web. Including experience with HTML Editors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY
Email News Director, Trino Martinez at: