KYTX CBS 19, the TEGNA-owned station in Tyler Teas is looking for a Digital Content Manager to manage the daily operations and extraordinary people of our thriving digital team.
We’re looking for a visionary news leader who understands rich/unique/local news content and social engagement on multiple platforms and can lead for the future. The Digital Content Manager reports to the News Director and helps lead the publication and distribution of engaging, compelling content across multiple platforms. Must be expert at leading a team, training varying levels of digital/social competence to perform at the highest level and implementing exceptional, engaged content on digital properties.
Must be a team player dedicated to continuous improvement, staff engagement and driven to perform at a superior level. This person will play a key role in charting the station’s digital content and growth strategy. The ideal candidate is more than an analytics junkie. You must love to lead and provide feedback to a team hungry to win.
The individual will work closely with the rest of the newsroom management team and help guide editorial decisions across the newsroom’s platforms. You’ll partner with the entire newsroom to make our journalism better and help the stories we tell touch more lives. If you think the role of the digital team is to convert broadcast scripts into web stories and write press releases, this job isn’t for you. If you think journalism is a higher calling and that a digital team’s job is to open up new markets, win on audience-focused platforms and change what local news can be, then this position might be for you
• Oversee all digital efforts on a day-to-day basis, including story selection and assignment, editing and live streaming.
• Prioritize tasks for the digital team.
• Manage and work alongside a team of digital content producers.
• Be an active leader in the daily editorial process
• Be a voice of innovation in the newsroom and inspire others to follow your lead
• Manage various special projects within the newsroom, as needed.
• A minimum of 3 years in a social media or digital journalism setting. Newsroom experience strongly preferred.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, journalism or digital media or the equivalent experience.
• At least two years of experience in leadership.
• Strong familiarity with content management systems and a basic understanding of HTML.
• Understanding of digital/social analytics. Experience with Google Analytics, Crowdtangle, and/or Taboola a major plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.