11Alive is looking for an experienced and creative Producer for our daily newscasts.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Assistant News Director, Senior Executive Producer, and Senior Producer to execute editorial vision of the day.
- Supervise editorial content & daily rundown changes
- Pitch story ideas for day of, next day and future
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner
- Oversee all in-show graphics and show titles
- Adept using social media and digital tools to discover & research stories, using reliable sources
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Preview accuracy of upcoming video & graphics
- Preview upcoming stories, packages and segments
- Time show effectively and communicate with anchors, reporters and other talent on time cues/roll cues
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- 2 plus years of experience line producing a newscast
- Exceptional news judgement and ability to visually tell stories
- Editorial experience in fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments
- Excellent broadcast communication skills
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.