Daily Blast Live, a nationally syndicated, live show from TEGNA, based in Denver, CO, has an immediate opening for a Booker. If LIVE TV gets you excited, and you have talk show experience, Daily Blast Live is the show for you!
• Pitch timely news, entertainment, and lifestyle guests that will incite lively conversation
• Ensure creative storytelling through booking human interest stories
• Book real people with compelling stories and experts
• Deadline oriented
• Thrives in fast-paced, high-pressure, live TV environment
• Self-starter, multi-tasker, willing to work production hours
• Responds quickly to changing circumstances and breaking news with a willingness to change as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Established contact list a plus
• Good communication skills a mustop
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in television broadcast and booking interview.
• Strong understanding and demonstrated proficiency in TV production
• Leadership experience in casting and booking
• Solid news judgment, great people skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are necessities
• Talk Show or Newsroom experience a must
• Experience producing interviews with celebrities and newsmakers a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Work Environment: Office
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.