WLFI News 18, the CBS affiliate in West Lafayette, IN, is looking for a Creative Services Producer/Writer/Editor. This position is responsible for effective workflow, productivity, technical quality and creative output for all station promotion including news, programming, sales promotions, client commercials and community service. This includes on-air promotion and packaging of the channel, marketing content and client production. This position is the point of contact between programming, local news and sales. This position is both creative and strategic and works closely with station management to develop brand strategy, launch content and create brand identity and packaging. A creative thinker with the ability to understand the needs of the business – a self-starter with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality.
- Oversees the development of creative concepts for all on-air creative and off-air promotional content for all platforms
- Writes captivating copy to target you news audience
- Produce topical, special report promos, image campaigns and syndicated promotions
- Demonstrates excellent creative concept skills for all station branding
- Properly coordinate and produce all aspects of Commercial Production with commercial producer, including working with the sales staff, clients and agencies
- Work with Sales Management and Marketing Consultants to create and mutually beneficial relationship with clients in the community
- Manage the creative direction of all on-air creative and off-air branded materials , and public service announcement production
- Provide overall creative leadership of on-air promotion and branding with the goals of maintaining and improving local ratings, revenue and brand awareness consistent with WLFI historical performance
- Lead the Creative Services team including the Creative Services Producers and /or coordinators
- Supervise production of all on-air/video materials
- Ensure that marketing initiatives are executed in a a manner that furthers the brand requirements
- Assist in control room operations during news casts (audio/graphics)
- Assist in live event production (camera/audio/site producer/grip/drone) for news and commercial
We need an experienced television professional with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 3 years creative and leadership experience in broadcast and/or cable on-air production is preferred. Must have a comprehensive understanding of production and/or post production and control room operations. Able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit. Experienced in script writing/review and the workflow process. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Allen Media Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer. Allen Media Broadcasting recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other legally-protected status.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on background check and drug screen.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law.)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at http://www.wlfi.com or https://allenmediabroadcasting.com/careers/wlfi.html