ARE YOU a writer/filmmaker with a relentless DIY/Rebel spirit? Do you love making content and writting? The ABC10 Creative department is looking for an innovative storyteller with the ability and desire to create engaging and entertaining content often constrained by budget, but not by your skill and imagination.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE is bursting at the seams with creative ideas and has the cinematography, editing and writing skills to bring their ideas to life. You know how to tell a good story and write a solid commercial. You have an eye for composition and detail. You are a team player who knows how to have fun at work.
- Write and produce ABC10 commercials, promotional content, and demo reels.
- Write, shoot and edit client work including commercials and corporate videos.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Marketing Director to develop and write captivating digital content that tells a story and supports our We Stand for You brand position.
- Work as part of a team in developing new content for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Actively contribute to brainstorms for station and client projects.
- Work with the news team to improve the overall look, feel and quality of ABC10 products.
- 2-plus years of experience as cinematographer/editor
- Experience shooting on cinema, mirrorless and DSLR cameras.
- Solid editor with experience cutting on Adobe Premiere.
- Strong writing skills, preferably in broadcast TV and/or film.
- Fluent in post production workflows.
- Self-starter who is able to keep projects and stories moving forward.
- A TEAM PLAYER who can actively participate in brainstorms or grip on a shoot for another producer.
- Experience creating content for social and digital platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and G Suite.
- Organized, dependable and easy to work with.
- Must have an enthusiastic positive attitude and be a team player
- Experience creating animations, motion graphics or visual effects.
- Past experience working in a local TV station writing and producing promos, topicals and commercials.
- Working knowledge of Da Vinci Resolve with an understanding of color science.
- Experience working with talent.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.