If you are a born ideator, a lover of all things visual, a creative storyteller at heart and someone who can connect strong creative to overall brand strategy, keep reading. 5 On Your Side has an immediate opening for an inspiring Creative Director who will oversee all aspects of marketing creative for the brand, including but not limited to: on-air spots, off-channel multiplatform creative, print collateral, social media assets, set redesigns and more. You will be the creative eyes and ears of the station ensuring cohesion, consistency and modern audience appeal at all times. You will be a coach, teacher, instructor, storyteller and critic simultaneously.
Key components of this leadership job include:
- Partner with the Marketing Director in setting the creative vision for the brand and translate marketing objectives into clear creative campaigns
- Manage, train, lead and inspire Marketing producers and team
- Possessing the skills to create innovative concepts
- Drive long range planning for the creative team
- Ability to translate strategy into creative concepts and campaigns that deliver a clear message
- Manage, supervise, review and audit the work of the team and ensure the creative level expected of 5 on Your Side is being met.
- An intimate understanding of video design and copy
- Skilled copywriter
- Proficiency with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, After effects, etc.
- Excellent leadership skills. Excellent communication skills, ability to challenge the status quo
- Self-Starter – always hungry to achieve and learn
- Easily adaptable – not averse to change
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.