The Creative Director will strategize, conceptualize and oversee implementation of the KARE 11 brand across all KARE and TEGNA platforms. You'll work with the Director of Marketing to set strategy and supervise all station creative elements. You and the creative producers will consistently tell the KARE 11 brand story in a way which resonates internally and grows audience on all platforms.
- The Creative Director is responsible for conceptualizing, creating & executing visions for key marketing projects, news concepts/franchises, and community initiatives
- Lead creative process for all campaigns and projects including concepting, production, and post-production
- Oversee production, scripting and editing of all creative for brand marketing, community, and news promotion
- Identify and execute new creative opportunities that grow audience on all platforms
- Mentor and develop marketing producers
- Ensure designs and content reflect the brand consistently and positively; be a steward of the brand
- Head sweeps/special projects planning & execution
- Lead visual design strategy across station
- Oversee video production technology to ensure department is staying current with equipment and managing media / file storage systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in broadcast television or at a corporate marketing/creative agency
- Sharp aesthetics for video editing, graphic design, and typography placement
- Knowledge of how to develop brand identities through multi-channel marketing
- Comfortable interacting with high-profile clients and industry professionals
- Excellent time management and organizational in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of videography and lighting equipment
- Talent in presenting information concisely and accurately, with keen attention to detail
- A standard of excellence for themselves and others
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.