This position is an integral part of digital sales. The IDS (Integrated Digital Specialist) is a progressive, creative thinker who can conceptualize, and execute revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser’s goals to our multimedia digital properties, including, but not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, off-site partners, and agency services.
This position works with the sales management team including Digital Sales Manager, Local Sales Managers, and National Sales Manager in supporting business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the Digital Sales Manager.
Major responsibilities and efforts include but are not limited to:
- Support and assist the AE’s and Sales Manager’s drive for digital revenue growth for the station and company; take revenue share out of the market, and help create new digital business – be a part of every local advertiser’s budget.
- Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
- Work in tandem with the Digital Sales Manager to form revenue strategy, expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
- Knowledge of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Assist in forecasting revenue, developing and sustaining a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget
- Coach and deliver sales presentations in tandem with sales people.
- Help create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the Account Executives and assist them with targeting, building, negotiating and closing deals.
- Brainstorm with sales people for creative marketing promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
- Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, agency services, analytics partners, audience extension partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Produce reporting, presentations, and other support functions of Interactive.
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Have passion for the business, your job, and helping clients to be successful.
- Past experience in the digital space required.
- Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities. Creativity and nimbleness is essential.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manages time wisely, and prioritizes projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, social media, etc.
- Some technical skills to work with ad tags, analytics, campaign tools.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply online at Nexstar.tv/careers
look for REQ-23042
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar