FOX54 in vibrant and fast-growing Huntsville, Alabama is looking for a Content Producer who can foster engaging content. The perfect candidate will be naturally curious, hungry to learn, and can adapt to change as the duties may vary day-to-day. The job involves searching for local content, helping with digital content and organizing future content coverage.
This position is based in Huntsville, the largest city in Alabama. Huntsville is a “New South” kind of city filled with rocket scientists, engineers and people from around the country. It is always ranked as one of the best places in the country to live and to work. Come join our team!
- Discover and assist in producing unique, local and engaging content daily and publish to broadcast and digital platforms in an organized manner
- Keep track of big stories and potential follow-ups
- Assist in planning coverage of future content
- Monitor multiple social media platforms, identifying potentially interesting content
- Perform digital producing, including writing and publishing local content to all digital platforms
- Maintain knowledge on specific business, political, and other high-profile people in the Tennessee Valley
- Create and maintain a robust collection of story contacts
- Assist in producing broadcast newscasts when needed
- Research criminal and civil document systems to distribute to content personnel
- Sound news judgement with the ability to work under tight deadlines and in stressful situations
- Excellent written and verbal communications, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- College degree or related job experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Prefer someone with 1 to 3 years of industry experience
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.