WUSA9 is looking for a Producer for our winning team. This producer will work side-by-side with comedic writers, a host and a second producer to help guide and drive the editorial vision of this socially-conscious show. While some traditional line-producing may be required, this producer must be able to execute the big-picture showcasing. This producer needs a strong understanding of social issues and how to use video, graphics and conversational writing to engage an audience in a multi-faceted format.
- Help guide the creative vision of a show that mixes important community issues with humor
- Set up and secure multiple interviews
- Create and maintain a meticulous show planning schedule and calendar
- Collaborate with host and comedic writers
- Review and edit copy to keep it to the highest journalistic standards
- Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Develop and oversee the production of graphics, working with an artist to achieve a vision
- Work under deadlines
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
- Contribute content to WUSA9.com and digital properties
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong Writer
- Solid News Judgement
- This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.