WJXT-TV is hiring a Consumer Investigative Reporter to join the I-Team. We need a problem solver who works independently and understands the power of good storytelling and reporter involvement in every story and live shot. Must excel at enterprise reporting on all content platforms and public records requests. WJXT-TV thrives on teamwork. Reporters change gears quickly because of breaking news. Reporters wear a lot of hats and help with general assignment reporting as needed. The consumer reporter is also on the solutions journalism team for Graham Media Group that investigates stories about “what is working.”
- This is not a remote position
- Three years prior reporting experience
- Investigative experience preferred
- Must be competitive and want to win
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Must agree to flexible schedule which includes weekends and holidays as needed
- Part of reporter on-call rotation
- Prefer college degree in Journalism or Communications
As a condition of employment, GMG/WJXT/WCWJ requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
GMG/WJXT/WCWJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG/WJXT/WCWJ will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
Kathryn Bonfield ([email protected])
NO PHONE CALLS