To further our commitment to our core values, 9NEWS Denver (KUSA & KTVD-TV), is seeking a Community PSA Producer. This position will drive community outreach through successfully developing and managing station partnerships, community outreach, inclusivity efforts and community impact. The annual salary range for this position is $70,000 – $75,000.
- Partner with the Executive Director of Social Responsibility and Community Affairs to design, build and execute community activations
- Ability to create content; shoot, write and edit
- Maintain and deepen relationships with community stakeholders to advance mutually beneficial goals
- Communicate with community partners that can attend events, interface with different communities.
- Identify potential community partnerships and find opportunities for 9NEWS to grow audience.
- Partner with marketing staff to deliver strong content that focuses on the 9NEWS community outreach efforts
- Partner with internal stakeholders to execute employee engagement strategies
- Partner with Executive Director of Social Responsibility and Community Affairs on grant funds
- Execute 9Listens and audience engagement events in alignment with the 9NEWs brand core values
- Build media plans for key partners
- Monitor and ensure all partnership contracts are fulfilled
- Brainstorm with the marketing staff and other key stakeholders to create effective on-air and digital support for community issues and sponsorship
- Improve and build-up systems to track and measure program effectiveness and work towards community goals
- Advocate for coverage and engagement for and with underserved communities in Colorado
- A proven self-starter who demonstrates inclusivity, bravery, passion, curiosity, and integrity
- Ability to quickly build trust both internally and externally
- Minimum 3 years experience producing
- Demonstrates a confident presence and strong public speaking skills
- Brings a strong passion and understanding of journalism
- Has experience with advocacy for underserved communities
- Able to facilitate events with large groups of individuals
- Ability to grow, manage and maintain healthy external relationships
- Understanding of policy and legislative issues
- Exhibits strong organizational skills with a proven record of execution
- Ability to work nontraditional hours and multitask
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.