FOX61/CW20, TEGNA-owned stations in Hartford, is seeking a highly organized, innovative, and collaborative colleague to join its sales leadership team as the Community Marketing Manager. In this role, the Community Marketing Manager will develop and execute multiplatform sponsorship campaigns and strategic partnerships to drive client results and grow station revenue and community outreach.
This individual serves as a key liaison within the station will work across departments to capitalize on existing efforts and identify emerging opportunities that will result in impactful local partnerships on FOX61, CW20 and FOX61.com. With assistance from the FOX61/CW20 leadership team, this role is the hub for all integrated sponsorships and responsible for creative ideation, development of sales materials and presentations, project management and fulfillment. This action-oriented strategic position is not only a key liaison between FOX61/CW20 and the community, but works closely with non-profits, provides perspective internally in support of community concerns, giving particular attention to being a bridge of advocacy and positive change.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator internally and externally, a strong presenter comfortable with colleagues and clients, and an effective multi-tasker who is able to prioritize tasks and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Provide leadership in planning, aligning, and implementing strategies aimed at improving community outcomes and increasing effectiveness of community.
- Keeping the leadership team informed by staying current on legislative issues and engaging regularly with community leaders on matters of importance and concern in and for the community.
- Making actionable recommendations to the leadership team based on feedback from the community, current and pending legislation, and research.
- Lead FOX61/CW20’s integrated marketing efforts on the front end (brainstorming, campaign strategy, presentation development), as well as the back end (execution, fulfillment recaps, renewals)
- Actively work with sales leadership team and account executives to identify existing sponsorship opportunities or develop custom integrated marketing solutions for clients based on specific needs, timing, and budget.
- Create and execute documents outlining mutually beneficial sponsorship terms with our community partners.
- Manage and track requests for coverage from the community and act as a liaison between departments to execute on appropriate requests.
- Serve as a co-chair for the FOX61/CW20 TEGNA Foundation Advisory Board and in this role establish meeting agenda and action items to be considered by the board. In addition, as co-chair, will be responsible for immediate oversight of all projects and events related to the FOX61/CW20 TEGNA Foundation including the management and execution of the station grants and corporate reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years related experience in sales, marketing, and/or a related field
- General knowledge and understanding of the industry and local market
- Ability to collaborate with others and work across multiple departments effectively
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with a proactive work style
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint, specifically building internal and client facing presentations
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.