If you have a passion for the community and working with community partners across Central Ohio we are looking you! We are searching for an outgoing, energetic, organized and extremely reliable, NBC4 community coordinator. This part-time position puts you in the middle of the action at some of Central Ohio’s biggest events, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet viewers and fans from all walks of life, hitting message boards, blasting emails, making promotional stops, starting chats and getting to know some of the area’s biggest event managers.
Plus, you will have the chance to be featured work with marketing team on promotional spots, videos, and more! Must be at least 18 years old, able to work a flexible part-time schedule, including events on weekends, and able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs., and have your own transportation. Ideal candidate would have some experience in a TV station or newsroom through an internship or previous employment.
- Keep track and fulfill NBC4 Community Tasks
- Ability to learn to edit and produce PSA’s for station events
- Organize and communicate with NBC4 staff about upcoming events
- Organize and communicate with NBC4 street team members
- Set up NBC4 booth and interact with attendees at events
- Wear NBC4 branded gear and represent the station a variety of events
- Load/Unload event gear into NBC4 Van and drive to events
- Drive NBC4 Branded Vehicles at popular events
- Take photos and videos at events
- Engage viewers and fans about our station and the benefits
- Ability to work in office at NBC4 20-25 hours per week on station initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Assistance with NBC4 Events Including but not limited to:
- Stuff The Backpack Donation & Event Days
- Red, White & Boom!
- State Fair- NBC4 Family Discount Day
- African American Male Wellness Walk
- Columbus Pride Parade
- CSO Picnic with the Pops
- Kings Arts Complex Heritage Music Festival
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
- Classic 4 Columbus
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have clean driving record
- Outgoing, energetic personality.
- Extremely reliable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some college or college degree (preferred)
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Description Summary
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at http://www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar