The Chief Photographer iNews Ops Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring training and directing a staff of photojournalists and newscast editors. This role is also responsible for coordinating coverage of major news events. This is a hands-on role which includes shooting and editing stories, setting up TVU, microwave and satellite shots. Must be able to work weekends, longer hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet news deadlines.
- Shoot and edit stories
- Recruit, hire, train, and review photographers and editors
- Build weekly work schedules for photographers and editors
- Coordinate with engineering on the maintenance of the news vehicle fleet and photography gear
- Planning and executing coverage for major statewide events such as political debates, firefighter funerals, presidential visits, and election nights
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task while maintaining a great attitude
- Must be able to edit and shoot media, operate ENG Trucks and post to social media
- Produce content for multiple platforms.
- Maintain an active social media presence to connect with the community
- Must be able to work flexible hours including night, weekends and overnights
- Ability to work with reporters and Multi Skilled Journalists, as well as independently be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of professional News Photography
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience with ENPS and Edius is preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure, stress and deadlines
- Must have strong people management skills
- Dexterity to operate camera and drive news cars
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.