We're looking for a Chief Meteorologist to lead the Weather Department at north central West Virginia's dominant number one station. We have all four seasons with all different kinds of weather and several varied microclimates within our viewing area. We need someone who will take on the challenge of providing the kind of accurate forecasts that will keep WBOY the TV and Digital source the majority of our area turns to.
The Chief is one of the main faces of the station and will engage with our community through school visits and involvement in the station's charitable efforts. The Chief will also have the opportunity to be a part of special projects.
You'll find large market quality in our brand-new state-of-the-art studio and weather center, all with the family atmosphere you'd expect in a small market. We work in a friendly community with a great pace of life and easy access to lots of outdoor beauty and recreation, all within quick reach of many large, metropolitan areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Several years’ experience as an on-air meteorologist
The Chief Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis
Requirements & Skills:
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
- Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to access all career opportunities for WBOY-TV and Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
WBOY-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar