KAGS in Bryan/College Station, Texas is looking for an expert Meteorologist to cover the intricacies of Texas weather. You need will have strong communication skills, an engaging personality, and the ability to predict the future in terms of the weather forecast for the week ahead. You must have a passion for winning severe weather and love wall-to-wall tornado coverage. We want someone who embraces new technology, creates interesting graphics, integrates video, and inspires user generated content.
This is not just an on-air job. You'll be responsible for engaging our viewers on all of our digital and social media platforms as well. Our meteorologist will need to explore new ways to share our Texas weather story- even when it's just plain hot.
- Build accurate weather forecasts using a variety of numerical weather prediction models.
- Convey the "weather story of the day" in a clear and concise manner that's understood by our audience.
- Interact with the audience on multiple platforms, especially during severe weather
- Write, edit, and report on weather and/or news from the field or inside the newsroom
- Produce clean and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Update website and social media platforms regularly
- Make public appearances
- Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required
- Minimum of one-year on-air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist (Internships and college experience considered)
- Applicants should have, or be qualified to apply for, the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist or the AMS Seal
- Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
- Strong social media skills, including an active weather presence on Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Be available to work a flexible schedule and fill-in when necessary
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.