Audacy Twin Cities seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Chief Engineer for our 3 radio stations; WCCO-AM, KZJK-FM, and KMNB-FM.
At Audacy Twin Cities, we're looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
If you possess the following skills and experiences, then please contact us to discuss this opportunity.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee local technical staff
- Responsible for all day-to-day and long-term engineering and operations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems.
Required and Preferred:
- Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years broadcast engineering experience
- Hands-on FM, HD and AM transmitter experience
- AM Directional Antenna experience
- Manage activities for a goal of 100% uptime for station On-Air Products
- Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
- Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
- Strong verbal and writing communications skills
- Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
- Experience in project planning, management and execution
- IT & Network knowledge and experience
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with Computer based audio storage system, Scott Systems/Google/WOAFR/VoxPro preferred
- Experience with digital audio and audio streaming
- Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
- Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
- Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Great to have:
- FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/