Audacy Greenville seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Chief Engineer for its seven local radio stations (AM and FM). Greenville, SC, is a beautiful place to live, and Audacy is a great place to work.
What You'll Do:
Plan & develop all aspects of radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, computers, and networks.
Select, install and maintain high-power transmitters and all associated equipment; modify and document all broadcast circuitry.
- Purchase studio equipment; maintain mixing consoles and all associated in-studio equipment.
- Maintain digital mass storage systems
- Review logs weekly for correct and complete entries and EAS tests, and tower lighting requirements.
- Generator testing, fueling, and supervision of maintenance.
- UPS testing and management of maintenance
- Supervise IT personnel
- Create instructional materials and teach proper use of technical equipment
- Effectively communicate and partner with programming staff as well as outside partners and vendors
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
- Minimum five years of broadcast engineering experience. Hands-on FM, HD, AM transmitter experience and both Directional and Non-directional Antenna AM experience. Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation systems, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone systems, and related other equipment
- Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training or equivalent work experience.
- Availability to work various hours/days, including some weekends and holidays. Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
- A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of the applicant's vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
- SBE or other relevant Certifications / Licenses is a plus
- The candidate must have strong verbal and writing communications skills and proven solid time management skills, including the ability to multitask in a multiple project environment.
- Experience in project planning, management, and execution.
- IT & Network knowledge and experience required and experience with digital audio and audio streaming.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/