The role is part of the Technology & Operations team at WUSA9. The role is both strategic and hands on. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a thorough understanding of facilities centric technologies and operational models within a 24/7 broadcast operation.
- Hands on” engineer capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- General building maintenance, including interior and exterior.
- Coordinate with contractors for major repairs and maintain storage and inventory for above operations. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Coordinate Annual, Bi-Annual, and Quarterly testing of fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and elevators
- Ensure that the building automation system is working correctly.
- Limited carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance to include preventative maintenance. Must be able to use a computer to record activities, communication and provide billing to various departments.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- All other duties as may be required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Technical or Trade school degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years managing a large building
- Experience with managing cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps, air handling units, vav boxes
- Experience with using and managing building automation systems
- Experience with building fire prevention systems including fire control panels, fire pumps, smoke and heat detectors, wet and dry sprinkler systems.
- Driver’s license required
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and evenings hours.
- Computer skills needed for record keeping, communication and billing.
- General knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting.
- Must be able to work independently and without close supervision.
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- Frequent standing with some walking and sitting at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move 100
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- May be indoor or outdoor setting Varied weather conditions are expected
- Will be using a computer occasionally
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- May work on high or precarious places
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.