NEWS CENTER Maine’s Portland station, WCSH, is seeking a talented Broadcast Producer, who can write and produce engaging content for a daily newscast. Our Newscast Producers must be able to multi-task during the news gathering hours, share content on social media, write for the web, and calmly manage breaking news. Our ideal candidate knows how to identify engaging news content and creatively deliver it to our viewers to fulfill the NEWS CENTER Maine brand: Making Life Better for Mainers.
- Create unique and innovative, fact-driven newscasts and segments evoking emotion
- Help manage reporter live shots to make them visual and compelling
- Write in a conversational, authentic style
- Write and post daily on our digital platforms including social media
- Field Produce during major news events
- Calmly excel during breaking news situations
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Enterprise news stories for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Use creative production techniques with graphics and viewer pictures/videos, Zoom interviews, etc. to enhance stories
- Lead and inspire news team to work together for a great newscast
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or Executive Producer
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- 1-3 Years experience in newsroom producing newscast
- Experience with ENPS, AXIS GFX, and Edius preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.