WNEM-TV is recruiting for a Broadcast Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage, document and execute projects and other tasks in a demanding live-streaming and broadcast environment. The person will be directly responsible for installation, operation and maintenance of studio and field equipment. A strong background in and understanding of television engineering systems is required, including analog and digital and video, and IT-based broadcast television systems.
Three to five years in television broadcast operations and maintenance, military or equivalent training and /or experience. Technical configuration experience with production switchers, video systems and automation. Experience in broadcast television transmission systems and microwave frequencies is desirable. Computer literacy is required including knowledge of engineering applications. Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. The successful candidate is covered by a bargaining unit contract agreement. A valid driver's license is required.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television and broadcast IT systems maintenance, as well as FCC rules, and regulations and licensing.
• Install, maintain, upgrade, and configure standard broadcast television equipment.
• Read schematics and engineering drawings.
• Cultivate internal customer service and vendor and supplier sales and support contacts. Be familiar with purchasing procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple, sometimes changing priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Show judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Be available to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may become necessary from time to time.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings.