WAVY-TV 10, the NBC Television Affiliate and WVBT FOX43, the FOX Television Affiliate in Norfolk, VA, is looking for a for a well-rounded individual to fill the Broadcast IT Systems Engineer position. If you thrive in a fast-paced TV environment, that produces 11.5 hours of content daily, Monday-Friday, then this position may be for you.
The Broadcast IT Systems Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
- Manage user accounts through Active Directory
- Manage and assist users with E-mail and desktop support
- Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows and Linux OS
- Administer antivirus and similar support systems
- Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services
- Work closely with Engineering to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
- Manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems
- Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including overnights, nights, and holidays, and monthly On-Call rotation.
Requirements & Skills:
- Associates or Technical degree in Information Services, Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus
- Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN required
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems required
- Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred
- Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding and file transcoding a plus
- Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar