KSWB is seeking a Broadcast Engineer/IT Specialist. This position will support all live Broadcast and Post Production/Editing equipment in a digital television facility. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role.
Responsibilities and Skills:
· Installation and Maintenance of Television Broadcast and Information Technology Equipment.
· Thorough computer skills, a must.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills are essential. Applicant should be comfortable troubleshooting computer systems and electronics at the component level.
· General understanding of digital video formats is important
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking, Video over IP and VOIP technologies is useful
· Must be able to read technical drawings/documentation
· Knowledge of satellite, microwave and fiber transmission technologies.
· In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team. Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions and disciplines
· Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work and resolve issues. Excellent reasoning skills in order assist in troubleshooting problems.
· Ability to follow verbal instructions while involved in high-pressure situations, being pro-active and relating information in a concise manner during critical situations.
· Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events ?(i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
· This position is located San Diego, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar