WCNC-TV is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to provide technical support for the NBC affiliate in Charlotte, NC. This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing broadcast television production, transmission, and computer-based equipment.
- Support day to day operations of our broadcast stations including daily news operations, studio equipment and computer-based systems.
- Maintain and repair satellite/microwave ENG equipment, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, editing systems, intercoms, display monitors, and traditional desktop services.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the sales department, news department, television production and broadcast studios.
- Provide technical support to all operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, routers, switches, PCs and software applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge staying current on technological advances.
- Knowledge of IT and Broadcast system operations, maintenance and services as needed to assist in supporting these systems.
- Provide light building maintenance and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain television broadcast equipment.
- Previous television broadcast and/or network IT experience preferred, 3-5 years.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Ability to install and maintain computer systems and network equipment.
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work various hours and days including nights, weekends, and holidays. Available on call 24/7 as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.