The ideal candidate will report to the Head of Technology and provide preventive maintenance and emergency repairs for all audio, video, and transmission systems. Experience with Ross and Sony production switchers, audio consoles, and Utah Scientific/Digital Broadcast/Harmonic/Imagine Communications Master Control equipment preferred.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment. Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Support day to day operations of our television stations including all daily news operations, news vehicles and broadcast studio equipment
- Provide support to Production staff and assist on-air and studio operation as needed.
- Maintain and/or repair satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation, editing systems, intercoms, monitors, display systems, offsite venues including ENG and Tower cam locations
- Responsible for Engineering and Production vehicle maintenance
- Have a basic understanding and how to read wiring and system configuration documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot television broadcast equipment. Perform all technical work to the best engineering standards and practices
- Knowledge of television transmitters preferred
- Provide some building and ground maintenance and/or work directly with building sub-contractors regarding services and repairs
- General understanding of building systems including HVAC, Electrical, and security systems
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on facility issues and maintenance
- Maintain a high level of communication between Technology, Operations, Sales, and News departments
- Effective organizational and documentation ability
- Follow, monitor, implement Covid Safety Compliance as asserted by corporate mandates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to lift up to 75-100 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Sometimes standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues).
- Associate degree (AA) in electronics, related field or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of television transmitters preferred
- Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays
- Travel: Occasionally on a need to basis and Possess a good driving record
- Self-starter, able to work projects efficiently with minimal direct supervision and have the ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed
- Work Environment Set: Office; can be performed in a typical interior/office environment to outside in varying conditions
- Well above average computer operation and technical skills
- Minimum 5 years related TV broadcasting and/or network IT experience
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
- Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.