WPTA TV is looking for someone with IT and mechanical experience that wants to be trained to become a broadcast engineer. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining and installing studio and editing equipment.
– Installation and repair of all associated broadcast equipment.
– Use test equipment to troubleshoot audio and video issues.
– Setup and operation of live remotes.
– Monitor and/or maintain quality control standards. Decipher information taken from test equipment and determine the appropriate action.
– Able to read and decipher schematic drawings and interpolate the information.
– IT Duties, including maintenance and repair of computers, etc.
– Capable of working odd hours, nights, etc.
– Able to lift 50 lbs.
– Work in extreme weather conditions.
– Potential exposure to high or unusual noise and light levels.
– Other duties as assigned by Chief Engineer.
– Valid driver's license and good driving record.
– Have a working knowledge of video/audio systems and IP based broadcast systems.
– Have a working knowledge of News and Master Control Automation systems.
– Have a basic understanding of RF and microwave systems.
– Have customer-focused problem solving abilities.
– Must be self-motivated and able to see projects through to the end.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Oral and written communications skills mandatory.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references