WBIR-TV, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Knoxville, TN is looking for a full-time Broadcast Director/Production Assistant. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation. The director works closely with our producers and others in the news department to produce fast-paced, graphic & video-driven, compelling and clean newscasts. WBIR produces nearly 10 hours of live local content each day, and our directors are key to making our shows the best they can be. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of the assigned newscast(s).
- Check commercial logs for missing media.
- Prepare topical media for air.
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to our automation systems.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Experience with automation systems like Sony ELC Automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, and Chyron graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers and directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related is a plus.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.