WTSP-TV is looking for a Broadcast Director. Duties include but are not limited to preparing, coding and directing newscasts with SONY ELC automation software. The director works closely with our producers and others in the news department to produce fast-paced, graphic & video-driven, compelling and clean newscasts. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- The successful candidate will also have the ability to operate and troubleshoot studio equipment including: (Movi) steadicam, studio lighting, microphones and related audio equipment, handheld and robotic cameras, teleprompter, and production switcher.
- Must have strong computer skills and a familiarity with both AP- ENPS news software and Edius editing software.
- Effective interaction with a team from multiple departments is critical to success.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, and work efficiently under intense pressure and time constraints for breaking news is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of all studio and control room equipment
- Excellent communication skills and a basic understanding of TV Broadcast terminology
- Positive attitude, encouraging others and supporting station goals and decisions
- Must Embrace change and new technology
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must
- Requires working late nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift and operate handheld cameras weighing 26+lbs and climb ladders
- Knowledge of Sony ELC control room automation is a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY