The Broadcast Director is in charge of the activities involved in making a News program or section of a program. They are generally responsible for decisions about the creative style of a program, and ensuring the producer's vision is delivered. Incumbent will be trained on running live shows on a regular basis acting as both Director and Technical Director.
- Directing the crew during assigned newscasts, operating the Director's Board (Ross Switcher), cueing audio, PAs, and talent, prepping and breakdown of the studio for the next show.
- Championing tasks to be completed between shows and during downtime.
- Experience and/or Training in the fields of Film/Television with hands-on experience. Open availability is a must as we work in a 24/7 News environment.
- Overtime and holidays will be required.
- Technical prowess to learn new equipment such as Switchers, Audio Boards, Robotic Cameras, Lights and editing software.
- All production staff is required to assist in studio maintenance, which includes climbing ladders and maintaining the company fleet.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.