KVUE, the TEGNA ABC affiliate in Austin, TX, is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role will be responsible for coding and punching our live newscasts using Sony ELC production automation. We are seeking an individual who collaborates well with news producers and other staff to produce compelling and dynamic news content and clean newscasts. Candidate must be able to coordinate all technical aspects of a multi-camera, multi-live shot, dual anchor newscast.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of the assigned newscast(s).
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to automation systems.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Experience using Sony ELC Automation, Chyron ISQ, BitCentral video servers, and ENPS
- Experience using remotely controlled studio cameras, Sony production switchers, video routers, audio consoles, and automation, intercom, and graphics systems
- Ability to adapt and quickly change coding and production for breaking news and unexpected changes during live newscasts
- Ability to work with a team to achieve technically clean programs
- High attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills to minimize on-air mistakes
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and communicate effectively under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible scheduling: this position includes weekends, and may also cover early morning, nights, or holidays as needed
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.