KARE-11 is looking for a broadcast director with a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience. Duties include preparing, coding, and directing newscasts with SONY ELC automation software. Must have strong computer skills and familiarity with AP-ENPS news software.
- Coordinate and direct technical aspects of newscasts and other productions. Includes switching video/audio sources and taking responsibility for on air product including camera shots and graphics.
- Attend necessary planning meetings and work directly with various producers to lay out show formats and studio recordings. This includes cameras, graphics, props, talent positioning and best use of available set elements.
- Flawless operation of SONY ELC automation system (coding) while "calling" the show via intercom for production staff to follow.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate information verbally via studio intercom system. Basic understanding of TV broadcast terminology.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong organizational/ coordinating skills.
- Full operation of ENPS newsroom system.
- Full operation of news content playout server
- Ability to design and build basic news graphics with Axis graphics software.
- Hands on experience with use of all studio facilities including sets, cameras and electronic affects technology.
- Understand capabilities and limitations of all studio and production facilities.
- Ability to be flexible and innovative is essential.
- Positive attitude, encouraging others and supporting station culture, brand, and team.
- Embrace constant change and emerging technologies.
- Ability to function under intense pressure and time constraints for breaking news situations.
- Quick identify problems and offer solutions.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.