KING 5, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Seattle, WA is looking for a Broadcast TD/Director. The person filling this role will be tasked with the technical directing and switching of our live broadcasts using Sony ELC Production Automation. KING 5 produces over 11.5 hours of local content per day. We are seeking an individual who collaborates well with producers and other staff and executes the product in the ever-changing world of live local news and local programming. This position is responsible for coding ELC and directing/operation of studio and control room equipment to produce our locally produced content. The director works closely with a team of production professionals and news producers to place the most compelling and clean products on the air. The ideal candidate will be required to provide technical direction of live and pre-produced shows and segments as well as assist with occasional remote productions and approaches content with innovative, forward-thinking production ideas to engage a constantly changing viewer base.
- Ability to adapt and quickly change production on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
- Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems
- Efficiency with ELC Automation, Chyron & Vertigo graphic system playout, Bitcentral video playout, and ENPS
- Work closely with the News Operations/Production Manager to facilitate any changes and updates to our systems as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- Oversee and execute the technical production of assigned local product across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work with a team of people to achieve technically clean programs.
- Have high attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills to avoid issues before they air.
- Must be able to work quickly, efficiently and communicate effectively under pressure.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- This position could include early morning, weekend, nights and/or holiday work. Must also be flexible with scheduling, including but not limited to, helping cover breaking news and absences.
- At least three years’ experience working as a newscast director or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent communication, collaborative and organizational skills
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.