WGRZ-TV, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Broadcast Director. The primary responsibility of this position is directing daily newscasts and other local programs, utilizing both production automation and manual switching operations. The Director will work closely with our news, production and technical team to produce fast-paced, compelling and comprehensive newscasts & programs. We are looking for someone to bring forward-thinking production ideas, strong technical knowledge and the ability to manage quality control at a high level. In addition, the candidate must also be familiar with all studio operations, including floor directing, camera operation, teleprompter, graphics creation, audio, lighting, non-linear editing, content management systems and master control systems
- Direct daily live newscasts and recorded shows using both automation and manual switching.
- Oversee the overall look of newscasts and on-air programming.
- Troubleshooting technical systems when required.
- Use non-linear editing and content management systems for programming, commercial and digital content creation.
- Other production department duties as assigned.
- Experience with production automation, video switchers, newsroom computer systems, video servers, and graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond effectively for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with multiple departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or TV Production or related degree preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.