KENS-TV, CBS Affiliate in San Antonio, Texas / A TEGNA Company has an opening in the Technical Department for a FULL-TIME Broadcast Director/Local Programming Director. This position requires the ability to direct and simultaneously operate control room automation systems flawlessly for fast paced newscasts and local/lifestyle programming. Candidate must be able to coordinate all technical aspects of a multi-camera, multi-live shot, dual anchor newscast.
- Candidate must be able to code, coordinate and execute all technical aspects of a multi-camera, multi-live shot, multi-talent live lifestyle program and newscasts.
- Candidate must be a strong team leader with exceptional communication, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- The selected candidate will be a team-player, a self-motivator, and someone who can fill in the gaps where needed and as appointed by the Director of Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directing / technical directing with a network affiliated television station is preferred.
- Experience with the following technical equipment is preferred:
- Sony ELC control room automation system
- Sony XVS6000 series switchers
- JL Cooper remote automated audio mixer
- Chyron Graphics
- AP ENPS News v7 & 8
- Bitcentral NRCS – MediaEncoder, Oasis and Precis
- Grass Valley NV9000 series digital router
- Evertz MVP multi-display
- Ross CamBot and Sony PTZ cameras
- Freefly MOVI
- Crispin Master Control Automation
- Element lighting control systems (a plus)
- Autocue Wincue Teleprompter (a plus)
- TVU and LiveU (a plus)
- Adobe Premiere (a plus)
- Must be a strong team leader with exceptional communication
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.