KPNX, the TEGNA television station in Phoenix, AZ, has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Director. The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded newscasts, live and pre-recorded digital content, program cut-ins, local programing and commercial projects as required. The Broadcast Director is responsible for the framing and selecting of camera shots, lighting of set and subjects and arrangement of the set environment, utilizing newsroom automation, camera robotics, CG and audio automation. Effective interaction and collaboration with the control room team across multiple departments and disciplines is critical to success. Strong leadership and organizational skills are a must.
• 3 years' experience in various aspects of television production preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of directing experience.
• Excellent communication skills required, with an emphasis on working as a team with Producers.
• Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline based, high stress environment.
• Knowledge of Phoenix, AZ is helpful.
• We place a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem-solving, a strong work ethic, and winning. Must be willing to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to cross-train in other positions in the studio, such as Steadicam operation, studio camera operation, and master control operation.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of television studio and location equipment including, but not limited to: studio lighting equipment, audio mixing board, teleprompter, robotic studio cameras, switcher and remote cameras.
• Knowledge of Sony ELC control room automation is ideal, however similar control room automation is of great benefit.
• Experience with ENPS news production system and BitCentral media playback system is also a plus.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.