11Alive is looking for a creative and experienced Breaking News Producer who will also write content for our streaming platforms.
This person will work collaboratively with the shows’ Senior Executive Producer, Executive Producer, and Executive Producer of Streaming to aggressively update breaking news throughout our newscasts.
This person will also execute breaking news coverage online, help produce specials for our streaming show and help reporters develop their stories.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver with strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively. Also, they should be able to effectively manage, motivate and mentor team members.
- Deliver breaking news with the newest information on-air and online in an accurate manner
- Oversee the format/structure of breaking news on-air and online
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as needed
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 3 years line producing experience
- Strong editorial/journalistic judgement
- Driven, organized leader who can articulate show vision each day
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.