KENS 5, a TEGNA-owned station in San Antonio, Texas, is seeking a talented and experienced Border Reporter to work in the Rio Grande Valley. We want a smart, aggressive, and creative storyteller that can handle the big story of the day and present it live on broadcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will research, gather information, and cultivate sources.
- Ability to take border news of the day and develop into a compelling story.
- Ability to develop and pitch story ideas.
- Ability to execute compelling active live shots on a daily basis.
- Ability to plan/work ahead.
- Ability to perform under deadline.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to maintain and develop sources along the border.
- Ability to edit video.
- Ability to shoot video.
- Ability to drive.
- Candidate should be able to speak Spanish and English.
- Relocate/live in the Rio Grande Valley.
- 3-5 years reporting experience minimum.
- College degree in related field.
- Knowledge of border issues and policies.
- Track record of high performance across digital and social platforms.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.