The Associate Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web.
- Assists in writing and production of broadcast or on-line publication
- Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Order graphics and generate copy for stories, teases and bumps.
- Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
- Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
- Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Understand brand building directives
- Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Ability to develop strong news judgment
- Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar