- Writes content for newscasts as assigned by executive producer and/or producer.
- Assists in creation of graphic elements for stories as assigned.
- Learn to line produce newscasts and fill-in as needed
- Writes and updates stories and maintains timely content on station website.
- Write and update crawl for breaking news, weather and news events.
- Contribute story ideas daily.
- Assists producers and reporters in research for stories.
- Engaged in social listening, utilizes as a tool to gather news and drive viewership.
- Facilitate assignment desk duties including listening to police scanners, making calls on story tips, updating the assignment file, assigning photographers to stories and adding items to the daybook for future coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content
- Strong social media skills and ability to research and generate idea from these platforms
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.