NBC4 in Columbus is hiring its next Assistant News Director. This person will help lead our diverse team of journalists and help oversee the day-to-day operation of a newsroom focused on breaking news, weather and our community.
We’re looking for someone passionate about local journalism with strong leadership skills and excellent news judgment who excels in breaking news situations. Candidates must have previous news management experience that includes recruiting, training, and coaching employees to be their best.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with reporters, producers, digital producers, assignment desk
- Review daily news scripts and rundowns to ensure quality control
- Run editorial meetings
- Develop coverage plans for breaking news and special events
- Oversee Newsroom Schedule
- Assist in employee training, feedback, and evaluations
- Help in recruiting and hiring news department personnel
- Collaborate with News Director to establish goals and develop a strategic plan for the newsroom
- Lead breaking news producing efforts from the control room when necessary
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by News Director
Requirements & Skills:
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel and privacy laws
- Strong editorial judgment
- Great people skills
- At least four years of newscast producing experience, able to coach meter management and producer backtiming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work all shifts and be part of a rotating weekend manager on call schedule
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at http://www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar