WCTI/WYDO in New Bern, NC is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative Assistant News Director! We are looking for an experienced journalist to lead the newsroom, generate and cultivate great stories and react decisively to breaking news.
The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts and online content. You will work closely with the other producers, reporters, anchors and newsroom managers on daily news coverage. The ideal candidate must be proficient in creative writing, copy editing, enterprising stories and be committed to managing compelling newscasts. You must be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the brand of each station's news programs. Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Assistant News Director will lead by example.
- Oversee newscasts, script reviews of producers and reporters for assigned newscasts
- Aggressively lead breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Work Closely with news director to carry out news philosophy and direction
- Help news director focus on alerting, protecting and empowering our viewers
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy
- Oversee Special projects
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
- Sharp video shooting and editing skills
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Exceptional written communication skills using a conversational writing style
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Experience with iNews, AVID and Xpression a plus
- Experience as a news manager preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group