The Assistant News Director plays a key role in strategic planning and daily coordination of our newsroom.
The Assistant News Director ensures that newsroom decisions are on point to the 12 News brand and the needs of our viewers. Candidates must have strong leadership skills, solid news judgment, the ability to showcase important stories on all platforms, and know how to dominate breaking news, in-depth coverage and weather coverage. As the #2 newsroom manager, the Assistant News Director will work closely with the News Director and various other departments on planning and execution of our daily and long-term mission.
- Minimum three years in news management (Depending on market size)
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand employee needs and communicate with a team to shape a solution
- Knowledge of the Providence / New Bedford Market preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar