THV11, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Little Rock, Arkansas is looking for a passionate and driven leader to join us as an Assistant News Director. We need a leader with a passion for news, innovation, inspired storytelling, and the ability to motivate a team to produce compelling content on air, online and on social media. The assistant news director is responsible for running day-to-day newsroom operations. This person will help plan and coordinate daily coverage on all platforms. The ideal candidate will be technically-inclined with the ability to understand various newsroom technical systems. We're looking for someone who will partner with the News Director to execute a strategic plan and work closely with the digital director, marketing director, reporters, assignment manager, producers and executive producers to gather and showcase great local stories. A passion for news and innovation is a must! This person must be able to coach employees through the story process, give positive feedback as well as hold people accountable for goals set by management. We're searching for someone to lead breaking news and breaking weather as well as someone who understands how to differentiate our coverage from the competition and 'own' the big stories of the day. This ideal candidate must understand what makes a creative and impactful newscast, and have the desire to innovate our coverage.
• Work closely with producers, reporters, anchors, assignment manager and photojournalists on daily news coverage.
• Oversee production of newscasts and special programming
• Have working knowledge of all broadcast and digital content systems, and have the ability to train others to use them
•Review daily newscasts to endure quality control and brand touchpoints
• Write copy and edit scripts for on air and digital
• Work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the station's news brand
• Work on strategic planning to increase demos performance for key target areas for multiple platforms
• Help recruit great people and assist in the on-going evaluation of personnel
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• A proven track record for getting results and hitting goals
• A passion for social media and user generated content
• Ability to plan and execute breaking news and weather coverage
• Problem solver
• Good coaching skills
• Experience as a news manager required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.