WBNS 10TV is looking for an assignment and digital editor to manage and create content for our TV, website, mobile and social media platforms. This hybrid role is part assignment editor and part digital content producer, so the ideal candidate would have a passion for breaking news and creating content.
Duties include but are not limited to: Writing news stories, gathering information, delivering content on digital platforms, answering phones, listening to police scanners, bringing in live shots from various sources, and live streaming. The position is responsible for assigning and dispatching crews, assisting crews with contacts and research, and publishing original content to the website.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly.
A successful candidate will also help enterprise news through beat calls, social media, and cultivated sources.
Experience with writing using AP style is preferred.
• Strong assignment editor/writing skills
• Working in multiple content management systems
• Editing and managing video on digital platforms
• Knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate digital traffic and engagement
• Researching, creating, and publishing original content
• Ability to identify stories that could go viral
• Ability to work with reporters to develop assigned stories
• Working under tight deadlines
• Planning ahead for social, digital, and on-air coverage of events
• Ability to manage content on a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile sites, apps, and social media
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources and work well with varied personalities on deadline
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Excellent in managing news crews and news judgment
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.