KENS 5, the TEGNA station in San Antonio, TX is looking for their next Art Director to lead the overall design efforts for the station and its digital platforms. A people-focused organization that dares to be original in our work – we’re looking for an experienced art director who is creative, collaborative and able to inspire and lead others to produce great work. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic work that connects with our audience. The candidate should be strong in both print and motion design.
- Use collaboration and creativity to develop unique, compelling, and positive creative design assets.
- Execute creative work across diverse channels, including deliverables developed for broadcast, digital, social, print, and events.
- Work with team members to make sure all projects meet the brand guidelines.
- Update and enforce visual style guides for use by product teams and partners
- Create new and original designs from scratch for brands based on client specification, needs and brand image.
- A strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration, and animation.
- The ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts.
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy.
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences.
- Work with team members to make sure all projects meet brand objectives and budgetary guidelines.
- Keep team members briefed on creative projects; drive collaboration; ensure productivity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally internally and externally; foster a positive team atmosphere.
- Jump in to support the team and be a valuable creative contributor.
- Stay abreast of current broadcast, advertising, digital, print, and visual trends.
- Conceptualize, Develop, Execute, Deploy Marketing assets for KENS 5 brands and products
- Collaborates with internal departments to ensure brand alignment
- Maintains design, motion, and video editing skills with new technology
- BA or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in design field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Stellar knowledge in professional HD/4K videography equipment, including DSLRs & high-end cinema cameras – creative lighting techniques, audio mixing and motion graphic design.
- Skilled editor with Adobe Premier Pro.
- MS Office, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook & iWork: Pages, Numbers, & Keynote.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within extremely tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact productively and positively with fellow employees
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with internal personnel and external partners
- Ability to identify clear priorities and meet departmental, company and corporate goals
- Work continually toward self-development
- Ability to pitch and present concepts and campaigns to key clients
- Ability to write, shoot, edit and produce quality video content a plus
- Recommend equipment and hardware purchases for Marketing Department
- Performs other duties as directed by Marketing Director
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.