9NEWS, the NBC affiliate and TEGNA Media station in Denver, Colorado is looking for a dynamic weekend anchor/weekday reporter who is ready to bring positive energy to their job every day and cover a wide range of content on the anchor desk and in the field from hard news to the stories that make us smile.
Editorial Mission Statement
9NEWS produces accurate, relevant news content across platforms, empowering people to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. 9NEWS is a brave space for journalists to pursue their purpose, find and tell truths, listen and amplify Colorado's diverse voices, and filter out disinformation to create understanding, accountability, enlightenment, and empathy.
The core values of 9NEWS are bravery, integrity, passion, curiosity, and inclusivity.
This job is a salaried position that pays between $85,000 and $105,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
- Anchor three hour weekend newscasts, 9NEWS Saturday and Sunday Mornings, on KUSA and KTVD.
- Work with producers to create an engaging newscast, write and copy edit to improve all content every day.
- Find enterprise stories and tell them in a way that brings topics and characters to life.
- Shoot, write and edit stories as needed.
- Contribute a digital article for every broadcast story.
- Contribute social media content on social platforms as guided by our digital leadership.
- 3-5 years experience reporting and anchoring or at least filling in on the anchor desk required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of video shooting and editing required.
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.